Monday, September 10, 2012

Changes

No change in weight - basically maintaining.  I haven't exercised in 5 days.  Ugh.  I know that I must but I can't seem to muster up the energy.  Tonight I'm going to force it because I know that I will not feel like it again this evening.  I seem to get motivated for a few days and then I'm right back in the pits again.  I get so aggrivated and frustrated with myself so why can't I stick to anything?  I see people out walking for exercise everyday in my neighborhood and I think to myself, "I wish that could be me."  WTF?!  WHY CAN'T IT BE ME?!?!?  IT MOST CERTAINLY CAN BE ME!  IT USED TO BE ME!

The weather has made a nice change to cooler and more fall-like with a gentle breeze.  Maybe I will walk outside this evening to get a whiff of the fresh air and to clear my mind.  We're supposed to have highs in the low-mid 70s all week and no chance of rain.  Perfect for walking.

My DD went to the beach this past weekend and I kitty-sat her precious 8 week old kitten.  He sure was good company for me and I enjoyed having him around.  I was like a mother hen to him and I'm actually surprised that I enjoyed him so much. He followed me all around the house and snuggled with me on the couch with his little purring and kitty breaths.  It made me feel good to have someone to take care of again.  I hate to see him go back today.  I thought about getting a kitty of my own but I don't know if I'm up for it; maybe if he could stay a kitten...

The changes of the season make me want to change some things with myself.  To try.  Yet again.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you should definitely get a kitten. It takes them a long time to grow up and settle down, but cats rule. I have two that sit on my desk all day in their little baskets and one who sleeps under my arm each night. LOVE THEM!
    Fall weather is perfect for walking. I think that could just be the routine to get in for the next 6 weeks--evening walks--that could nudge you out of your funk.
    So, my vote is for a kitten and walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time sticking to regular exercise as well. One thing I find helps me though is making up a rotation and putting it on a calendar. That way it feels like it's an appointment and I have to do it, lol.
    Your daughter's kitty sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make it a challenge to get a certain number of days' exercise in a row. Or maybe group exercise classes would work for you because they are at a certain day/time and you can't just say you'll do it later. Plus you usually have to pay for them and I know in my case, I hate to waste money, so I don't like to miss classes! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete